GM Natural Capital Group Annual Conference 2017
The conference will bring together leading practitioners from across the public, private and third sectors to consider ‘What can Natural Capital do for our urban environments’.
This event will provide you with the opportunity to find out more about how we can encourage and support growth of the Natural Capital agenda and identify opportunities for delivering multiple benefits.
As part of the event there will be interactive workshops and talks from key speakers, covering the following:
- Embedding Natural Capital in the decision making process - why now and what does it mean for GM including the Defra 25 Year Plan, Urban Pioneer and Life IP funded Natural Course projects.
- Delivering Natural Capital and making it work including investment opportunities, multiple benefits from natural solutions and how these have been delivered in practice.
This event is free to attend and is aimed at bringing together leading practitioners from across the public, private and third sectors, including:
- Sustainability and environmental management
- Biodiversity and land management
- Planning and regeneration
- Health and social care
- Utilities including water, wastewater and waste management
- Highways and infrastructure
- Open space and recreation
You can join the Greater Manchester Natural Capital Group at The Lowry, Salford Quays on Wednesday 1 February from 9.30-4.30pm.
To reserve your place, book online. Please note that this event is free to attend and places are limited so early booking is advisable.
Contributed by Krista Patrick
Contributed by Mark Turner
Krista Patrick has over 20-years’ experience of working as an environmental planner in the public, private and community sectors and has previously supported delivery of the North West Climate Change Local Area Support Programme as well as providing secretariat, communications and technical support to the North West Climate Change Partnership and Climate UK. As part of his current role as Natural Capital Coordinator with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority he is supporting delivery of the Natural Course LIFE Integrated Project, Greater Manchester Urban Pioneer Project and the Greater